Fura-Zone is for the prevention or treatment of surface bacterial infections or wounds, burns, and cutaneous ulcers.
- Easy to apply
- Antibacterial preparation to be used on cuts, sores or burns
- Can be left on for long periods of time
Nitroflrazone...02%, in a water soluble base of polyethylene glycois
- Apply directly on the lesion with a spatula or first place on a piece of gauze
- Application of bandage is optional
- This preparation should be in contact with the lesion for at least 24 hours
- The dressing may be changed several time daily or left on the lesion for a longer period
In case of deep or puncture wounds or serious burns, use only as recommended by a veterinarian. If redness, irritation or swelling persist or increases, discontinue use; reconsult a veterinarian. Avoid exposure to alkaline material and fluorescent lighting. Keep away from direct sunlight.
Carcinogenesis: Nitrofurazone, the active ingredient of Fura-Zone ointment has been shown to produce mammary tumors in rats and ovarian tumors in mice. Some people may be hypersensitive to this product. Either wear gloves when applying, or wash hands after use.